Yap uprgade to 6.2.0 in F15 changes soname

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 12:03:52 UTC 2011

Good news,

I've upgraded `yap' package from 5.1.3 to 6.2.0 version. This is big
change after one and half year. New features in perspective of Fedora
include ODBC, MySQL, and zlib binding. MPI and Java support has not been
enabled. Java will be added in future package releases. MPI will not
because of heavy dependecies (in case of strong demand I can add it).

Because upstream does not version shared library I increased Fedora
specific soname to 6.2.0. Please recompile your packages linked against
libYap. Currently affected package in F15 is `ppl-yap' only.

-- Petr