Proposal to improve the Sponsorship process on Fedora

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jan 5 21:33:46 UTC 2011

JS> because I have read, that new contributors should not applies
JS> membership on the packagers group and the sponsor should invites
JS> them to this group,

Well, nobody can apply to the packager group; it is invite-only.  There
may be a few people in the sponsorship queue from before the invite-only
functionality was implemented.

If I understand your proposal, you simply dislike that adding someone to
a group involves typing their FAS ID into the "add to group" box and
then clicking the sponsor link, and you'd prefer to bypass the second
step?  I suppose I can see the point, although the issue seems awfully
minor to me.

Did you have a patch implementing this?

 - J<