Summer Coding 2011 -- Do *you* have any ideas?

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Sun Jan 9 08:26:39 UTC 2011

Hey Fedorans!

Do you have a pet feature in Fedora or in our project's infrastructure that
you've wanted to implement for a while but lack the time or desire to
implement yourself? Do you want to see something awesome happen this summer?
Do you want to see students working on Fedora, and getting involved in our
community working full time on someone else's dime? ;)

If you can answer any of those questions with a 'yes!' then you are cut out to
make yourself a mentor in this summer's Summer of Code. As Karsten posted[1]
last week, we need to get things going if we want to participate in Google's
Summer of Code program.

We need ideas, and we need mentors. If you are interested in working with a
University student this summer on $pet_feature or $pet_project, please add
your idea to https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2011 so
that we have a ton of ideas to apply not only to our application for Google's
Summer of Code, but also our own Fedora Summer Coding adventures!

Best,
Ryan Rix

[1]: <http://iquaid.org/2010/12/22/summer-of-code-time-to-do-something-
anything-but-not-by-me-2/>