gtk2 2.99.0

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Jan 10 20:13:50 UTC 2011

MC> * gtk-update-icon-cache-3.0 and gtk-builder-convert-3.0 have been
MC> dropped (since they were identical to their un-suffixed cousins in
MC> the gtk2 package). If you are using gtk-update-icon-cache in %post
MC> of a gtk3-using package, you should add Requires(post):
MC> /usr/bin/gtk-update-icon-cache (and similar for %postun).

I believe this is incorrect, or at least in conflict with the packaging
guidelines.  Those guidelines provide scriptlets which handle
gtk-update-icon-cache not being present, and explicitly indicate that
dependencies should not be added.

If the guidelines are incorrect, please let the packaging committee know
so that we can get them changed.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Icon_Cache

 - J<