[HEADS-UP] MySQL 5.5 coming soon to rawhide

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Jan 10 21:24:39 UTC 2011

Remi Collet <Fedora at FamilleCollet.com> writes:
> I have just notice, in the spec
> 	-DWITH_READLINE=ON

> Which means, according to INSTALL-SOURCE :

>      * -DWITH_READLINE=bool
>        Whether to use the readline library bundled with the
>        distribution.

> Does this use of a bundled library is wanted ?

Not really, but as you notice, using readline doesn't actually work,
and never has, and I know that upstream isn't exactly interested in
making it work.  So I haven't bothered to try to hack it.  The bundled
library isn't libreadline anyway, it's their own homebrew
implementation; so I don't think this is violating any packaging
guidelines.

			regards, tom lane