New test case and package test plan creation SOPs in production: call for test cases!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 11 23:07:42 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 18:06 +0000, Petr Pisar wrote:
> In the how-to for categorization
> <https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:SOP_package_test_plan_creation#Categorization>
> is prescribed category name format `Category:Package_(packagename)_test_cases'. However every existing test or category uses
> `Category:(packagename)_test_cases'. E.g.
> <https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=QA:TestCase_ABRT_BlackList&action=edit>.
>
> Which schema is correct?

The one in the SOP. The ones you see are ones that have existed for a
long time - there's never been a formal system until now, it's just
fairly logical to pick a category name '(something)_test_cases', so lots
of people did, and it looks kind of standardized, but really it never
was. (often it's not actually 'packagename' in the existing category
names, but a feature name which isn't actually the .src.rpm name, or
something like that).

The existing test cases that are actually package test cases will be
converted to the new naming scheme, I'm going to make a start on this
soon.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey