Problems building in mock for f14/x86_64

Doug Warner silfreed at silfreed.net
Wed Jan 12 00:30:00 UTC 2011

On 01/11/2011 03:55 PM, Clark Williams wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 14:45:42 -0500
> Doug Warner <silfreed at silfreed.net> wrote:

>>> Try removing:
>>>
>>> /var/cache/mock/fedora-14-x86_64/yum_cache/fedora/repomd.xml
>>>
>>> and see if that helps.
>>>
>>> Paul.
>
>> It doesn't even exist currently as I can't even initialize it.
>

> Are you able to yum update from that box? What I'm seeing is a failure
> to contact each mirror in the mirror list, which usually points to a
> networking issue.
>
> So first let's make sure you can install a package on your local
> system. Try doing a 'yum update mock', since 1.1.7 is the current (and
> 1.1.8 is waiting in the wings).
>
> The other thing you can do is try:
> 	mock -r fedora-14-x86_64 --scrub=all
> just to get to a clean state.

Yum works fine on the local box, and mock works great for every release/arch
*but* f14/x86_64.  It's baffling.

I've tried completely wiping my mock root, it doesn't help.

Going off what Paul Howarth said, I dug around my cache files some more since
it really did seem like an invalid cache entry.  I found an old
fedora-rawhide-x86_64 that might have been still being used (although my root
for fedora-14-x86_64 looks set properly).  I removed that cache directory and
things seem to be initializing.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

- -Doug