selinux: rhel5 x fedora 14

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:29:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have two HDs on my computer: one with rhel5 5.5 and the other with fedora
14.
Both systems share some directories located in a common /home, mainly
used by the httpd process.

The problem is that selinux in fedora 14 uses "unrestricted_u" by default
for all users, which rel5 does not understand,
and any file labeled that way is treated as "unlabeled_t" in rhel5.

I tried to relabel all files in Fedora 14 using "chcon -R -u user_u -t
user_home_t" , for instance,
but every new file is still created as "unrestricted_u".

I know very little about selinux, and I would like to know how to force all
files in F14 to be user_u,
but keeping the user owning those files, unrestricted.

Is that possible? Is there a better solution for not having tons of denials
in rhel5?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti