fedpkg switch-branch behavior

Andreas Schwab schwab at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 09:53:16 UTC 2011

John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com> writes:

> I recently got slightly burned by an unexpected behavior with
> switch-branch. Apparently after switching branches fedpkg does not do a
> pull, I'm not sure if this is right or wrong, I can see arguments on
> both sides. Let me give an example:
>
> foo (master)$ fedpkg switch-branch f14
> foo (f14)$

git normally tells you when you check out a branch that is behind the
remote, like this:

$ git co master
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is behind 'origin/master' by 18 commits, and can be fast-forwarded.

I'm surprised that fedpkg throws away that information.

Andreas.

Andreas Schwab, schwab at redhat.com
GPG Key fingerprint = D4E8 DBE3 3813 BB5D FA84  5EC7 45C6 250E 6F00 984E