Debugging 20s pause in boot time in rawhide

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Tue Jan 18 21:23:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 10:02, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:

> dependencies don't randomly change your networking setup.  NM should
> only be started when explicitly enabled, which we do in the installer
> and the LiveCD explicitly when your system is initially installed.
> systemd didn't originally handle that, so Lennart and I worked around
> that last fall and that workaround might no longer be adequate?

I'm honestly not entirely sure what series of steps happened to end up in
this state. I installed Fedora 14 two weeks ago from the released LiveCD and
then immediately updated to rawhide by enabling the rawhide repos and
disabling all F14-related repos. So, whatever workaround you describe should
have been applied to this system?