Removing -fexceptions from $RPM_OPT_FLAGS

Pierre-Yves pingou at pingoured.fr
Tue Jan 18 22:33:44 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have been looking into the review #668863 in which the packager for
this library (who also happens to be upstream) is actually removing the
flag "-fexceptions" from $RPM_OPT_FLAGS in the %build.

Asking this question on irc (on fedora-devel) as lead to a small
discussion without clear agreement.

Unfortunately, my knowledge of C++ is not sufficient for me to take a
decision and I therefore would like to know if this would be a blocker
for the review.

I have to say:
- The package compiles with and without the flag
- Upstream does not want to have this flag on, saying that if an
exception occurs the program should crash anyway (that is its expected
behavior)*.

Thanks for your help,

Pierre

* That is if I understood correctly.