rpm-buildroot-usage

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jan 19 21:06:06 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 19:43 +0100, Richard wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 06:57:09AM -0800, Brad Bell wrote:
>
> > Is there another rpm macro I should use to specify the path
> > %{buildroot}%{_includedir} ?
>
> did you try $RPM_BUILD_ROOT ?

that's not the problem. rpmlint just thinks you usually shouldn't do
anything with the build root in certain sections of spec files and so
complains if it sees usage of any buildroot definition ($RPM_BUILD_ROOT
or %buildroot) in those sections, IIRC. I believe this is a case where
it's reasonable to ignore the warning.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey