heads-up: systemtap-sdt-devel rebase in rawhide

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Wed Jan 19 21:49:04 UTC 2011

tgl wrote:

> [...]  I think the only near-term fix is to turn off dtrace support
> in mysql.  [...]

We'll do one better; we'll add a hack to sys/sdt.h to make mysql build
and respin systemtap today or tomorrow.

> But the real issue here is that systemtap has got to be more chary of
> what they expose into application namespace, or this same scenario is
> going to be played out again and again.

I agree.  It's not a great situation, but local GCC/C++ experts have
found no better way to type-analyze the parameters, to ensure their
safe passage to the tool.  (Our testing shows <limits> is not
offensive to other C++ apps we've seen.)

- FChE