[dokuwiki/el5/master] - Upgrade to latest upstream - large patches in git

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 20 21:43:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 00:05:28 +1100
David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> I guess anyone on the scm-commits list would have seen a few like
> this:

...snip...

> Even just opening this email takes my machine 4 seconds. Trying to hit
> reply took more than 2 minutes before I terminated thunderbird.

Bummer. ;(

> Should that 54000 line patch have been added as a new source and
> uploaded to the lookaside cache, rather than into git proper ?

Well, according to our guidelines:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Treatment_Of_Bundled_Libraries

They should just remove the bundled libs in %prep:

"Bundled libraries (and/or their source code) must be explicitly
deleted during %prep."

So, could you file a bug against this package and ask them to drop the
patch and instead delete the bundled libs in prep.

Thanks.

kevin