rpm-buildroot-usage

Brad Bell bradbell at seanet.com
Fri Jan 21 18:54:13 UTC 2011

On 11:59 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 06:57:09 -0800, Brad wrote:
>
>> I am using the compile directive
>>       -I%{buildroot}%{_includedir}
>> during the test phase of a projects rpm build. This tests the installed
>> copy of the include files instead of the copy in the distribution (and
>> hence is a better test of the install).
>>
>> The problem is that rpmlint complains with the warning
>>       W: rpm-buildroot-usage.
>> Is there another rpm macro I should use to specify the path
>> %{buildroot}%{_includedir} ?
> Can you upload the spec file to some public place?
> Without a look at it, it's hard to guess where you use %buildroot.

I have placed a copy of the current cppad.spec file in
     https://projects.coin-or.org/CppAD/browser/trunk/cppad.spec

One thing I do not understand about
     fedpkg mockbuild
is why the standard include directories; like
     /usr/include
are not automatically in the g++ include search path. This is the reason
that I need to use
     g++ -I %{buildroot}%{_includedir}
during my test (and have to change my makefile.in to do so).