@core in F14 pulls in libX11

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 12:05:53 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 6:54 AM, Garrett Holmstrom
<gholms at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> It seems that the "core" yum group pulls in X11 libraries, at the very
> least on x86_64, via the following dependency chain:
>
> policycoreutils
> dbus-glib
> gobject-introspection
> cairo
> libX11
>
> Does that much seriously need to be in what we consider a bare minimum
> Fedora install?

I've noticed that as well and I don't think core should have anything
X related, the problem is that selinux being a core feature of fedora
and something I believe should be in a bare minimum install the
question then becomes how the policycoreutils package can be split up
to have only a cli in it with all the gui deps moved into the the -gui
subpackage that already exists. It might be a simple packaging bug
where there's a file that should be in -gui made it into the base
package.

Peter