Compiz 0.9 landing in Rawhide

Björn Persson bjorn at xn--rombobjrn-67a.se
Sun Jan 23 20:18:51 UTC 2011

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> It's really rude to force
> users to reconfigure everything when they upgrade to a new Fedora just
> because upstream couldn't be bothered to migrate settings properly (and I
> hate upstreams doing that).

I agree with that, and it's still annoying even if it's not literally
everything that must be reconfigured. As an example, Kmail and Kate recently
started making noises in certain situations, when displaying dialog boxes and
the like, even though I had sound effects turned off. To make matters worse, I
couldn't find any sound effect settings in the programs themselves. I had to log
out from Gnome and log in to a KDE session to get at the KDE settings and turn
the noises off. It didn't even happen with an upgrade to a new Fedora release;
it happened with an everyday update within a release. I hate that.

Björn Persson