Updating waf to 1.6

Thomas Moschny thomas.moschny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 17:15:18 UTC 2011

2011/1/24 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:
> Simo Sorce wrote:
>> You are free to volunteer to do that, I am not going to do it for
>> samba4, I simply do not have the time to waste on such a thing.
>> (Samba4 people are in strict contact with the waf author and use
>> regularly the svn version du jour to fix build bugs they found, good
>> luck trying to make samba4 build right with months old releases that do
>> not include all necessary fixes).
>
> I think the cleaner approach would actually be to aggressively update waf
> and to fix projects to build with a newer waf, not an older one.

Simo was talking about samba4 using trunk versions instead of released
versions iiuc, so: no, it is not a matter of more aggressively
updating waf. Normally we ship released versions of our software, not
devel aka trunk versions.

That said I'm always open to adding single patches to the waf package
if that helps any other package, preferredly from svn (as that shows
that upstream knows and already approved these patches). Of course
someone has to file bz tickets, so I get to know.

- Thomas