About mtune=atom

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Jan 25 13:48:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 08:02:35AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Although, pedantically, I have to point out that the 1%s you list are not
> > all synonymous.
> Indeed, a 1% reduction in CPU time per process is a 1.0101…% increase in
> processes/hr. ;-) But that's being very pedantic. ;-)

Yeah that. :) But also, it's a very, very rare job where a 1% reduction in
CPU time results in a linear increase in processes/hr.

1% CPU gain is the kind of benefit where you do it if it's easy, but if it
gets in the way of _anything_ else, you shrug and eat it.

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>