KDE-SIG meeting report (04/2011)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Jan 25 17:28:00 UTC 2011

This is a report of the weekly KDE-SIG-Meeting with a summary of the
topics that were discussed. If you want to add a comment please reply
  to this email or add it to the related meeting page.

= Weekly KDE Summary =

Week: 04/2011

Time: 2011-01-25 15:00 UTC

Meeting page: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2011-01-25

Meeting minutes: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-
meeting/2011-01-25/fedora-meeting.2011-01-25-15.02.html

Meeting log: http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2011-01-25/fedora-
meeting.2011-01-25-15.02.log.html

= Participants =
* Kevin Kofler
* Jaroslav Reznik
* Lukas Tinkl
* Rex Dieter
* Than Ngo
* Radek Novacek
* Thomas Janssen
* Steven M. Parrish

= Agenda =
topics to discuss:
* 4.6.0 status
* stick to 700 MiB (CD-sized) live images
** xz SquashFS brought the nightlies down to 655 MiB, we even have space left!
* reconsider the OnlyShowIn=KDE; for System Settings
** e.g. sound events for KDE apps can only be configured from System Settings

= Summary =
4.6.0 status
* 4.6.0 is built, ltinkl is building rebased kdebase-workspace packages (one
plasma fix, powerdevil migration issues)
* ''ACTION'': Kevin_Kofler to add Conflits to kdelibs because of KatePart Smart*
issue (kile, kdevplatform/kdevelop and rkward)
* ''ACTION'': rdieter_work to work on KDevelop 4.2.0 after meeting
* 4.6.0 for F14
** we are not sure we need exception from FESCo, SMParrish says it was granted,
he will check
** do we want 4.6.0? or 4.6.1 because of the lack of testing?
** do we want HAL or uDisks/uPower?
** both to be decided in a near future

stick to 700 MiB (CD-sized) live images
* ''AGREED'' to stick with CD-sized image

reconsider the OnlyShowIn=KDE; for System Settings
* ''AGREED'' to not enable it by now and ask upstream what they think
* reasons are
** we cannot add KDE to the name as we will break translations
** kdebase-workspace is not dragged in all the times

= Next Meeting =
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/KDE/Meetings/2011-02-01

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>