KDE-SIG meeting report (04/2011)

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Jan 26 13:14:42 UTC 2011

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 01:24:09 pm Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 01/26/2011 02:56 PM, Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > I think there should be way
> > how to confugure from for example Gnome and same would be great for Gnome
> > Applications to be configurable from other environments. Plasma, Shell
> > whatever are just the face, what does matter are applications.
> >
> > So for now, we stay with current status quo.
>
> My point was that if you are going to ask upstream,  you might want to
> mention the potential for confusion.

Would be great to ask both upstreams as we as distribution really want co-
operation here.

On the other I understand why it's called System Settings in both DEs - at least
in Plasma it's just control center - not a custom KDE but generic. Some
distributions have all configuration there, even we ship non-KDE modules (Gtk
settings etc.)

Thanks for notice.

Jaroslav

--