rpmbuild: Bad Requireflags: qualifiers: Requires(posttrans)

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Thu Jan 27 09:48:44 UTC 2011

On 01/27/2011 10:24 AM, Adrian Reber wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 06:52:50PM +0100, Adrian Reber wrote:
>> I was trying to do a scratch build an got following error:
>>
>> error: line 78: Bad Requireflags: qualifiers: Requires(posttrans): /sbin/service
>>
>> Is Requires(posttrans) deprecated with the newest RPM or is that a bug?
>>
>> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=2738326
>
> Thanks for all the help. Now something similar happened:
>
> Trying to build ccache:
>
> http://ppc.koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=125311&name=build.log
>
> error: line 29: Bad Requireflags: qualifiers: Requires(triggerin): coreutils

Heh. It's the same exact situation as with posttrans, none of the
trigger scripts have ever been valid Requires() qualifiers, but the
parser flaw has let them slip through as plain old requires.

> Will rpm also be patched to handle it again? Or are changes to the spec
> file necessary?

Expecting these to work is perfectly reasonable, but I'll need to think
a bit how to handle them. If you urgently need to rebuild, you can
change them temporarily to regular Requires for identical behavior, but
I'll make rpm accept them once I've figured what to do with them.

	- Panu -