@core in F14 pulls in libX11

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Fri Jan 28 00:27:44 UTC 2011

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Garrett Holmstrom
<gholms at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> It seems that the "core" yum group pulls in X11 libraries, at the very
> least on x86_64, via the following dependency chain:
>
> policycoreutils
> dbus-glib
> gobject-introspection
> cairo
> libX11
>
> Does that much seriously need to be in what we consider a bare minimum
> Fedora install?

It was an unexpected complicated interaction between policycoreutils
and dbus-glib and gobject-introspection, and for Fedora 15 we broke
every single one of those links.  Unfortunately it was only noticed
very late in the cycle for F14 and would be hard to fix there.