debugfs query

Kyle McMartin kyle at mcmartin.ca
Mon Jan 31 21:22:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 02:16:07PM -0700, Pete Zaitcev wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:19:22 -0500
> Kyle McMartin <kyle at mcmartin.ca> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:36:20AM +0000, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
>
> > > Currently Fedora doesn't automatically mount debugfs at boot time. So I
> > > thought that it might be worth asking whether this should be the case?
> >
> > systemd seems to, so I guess it will be mounted by default in F-15.
>
> What is it in debugfs that SystemD needs?

Not entirely sure, maybe it's just mounting it for the sake of mounting
it or for the perf tool.

master at systemd:.% rpm -ql systemd-units | grep debug
(kyle at dreadnought:~/fedpkg/systemd)
/lib/systemd/system/sys-kernel-debug.automount
/lib/systemd/system/sys-kernel-debug.mount
/lib/systemd/system/sysinit.target.wants/sys-kernel-debug.automount

--Kyle