R: Re: Calling autoconf in a spec.

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 02:37:36 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 04, 2011 at 06:31:18AM +0530, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Thanks all for the input. I didn't realize the subject was *this*
> controversial. I did find the other discussion thread[1] which was aimed
> at completing the draft I had linked to, and as you'll notice it was
> inconclusive. I was hoping something had changed (the thread dates back
> to 2008).
>
> I do believe in patching configure.in, and Makefile.am and the rest, but
> this package seems a little out of my scope which is why I was thinking
> of running autoreconf in the spec.

Running autoreconf in the spec is fine.

Running autoreconf manually and producing a patch based on that output is
also fine.

The question hasn't come before the fpc in a while (and we have different
members now) but the draft you linked to did not have the votes to pass the
last time it came up.

-Toshio