PostgreSQL 9.1 and Lucene Core for F16

Alexander Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Mon Jul 4 06:42:26 UTC 2011

On 09:34:10 AM Saturday, July 02, 2011 Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any plans to provide PostgreSQL 9.1 in Fedora 16? PostgreSQL
> 9.1 is in beta2 now and it's scheduled for Q3 2011.
>
> It would be nice to see Lucene Core in F16. There is an old Lucene
> 2.9.x for F16 - the latest upstream version is 3.3.
As the Lucene maintainer I feel obligated to answer the Lucene part of the
question.
No, there won't be 3.3 in F16 unless someone else steps as the official
maintainer or a miracle happens and more people start to work on the
underlying Java stack. Updating Lucene is so low in my todo list that I don't
envision it happening soon. Note that I don't mind Lucene update actually I'm
all for it but I don't have the time(now) to deal with bugs caused by API
breaking release so if someone wants to update he will have to sign up for
them - i.e. becoming the official maintainer.

Alex