I'm givaro comaintainer ... or am I?

Jerry James loganjerry at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 18:41:31 UTC 2011

I recently asked the givaro maintainer, D Haley (CCed), for permission
to become comaintainer, so I can push out a coordinated update of
givaro and linbox.  I received a reply stating that this had been done
in pkgdb.  Today I built new givaro and linbox versions for Rawhide.
I would also like to push Fedora 15 updates for the 2 packages.  So I
built the same new version of givaro, and went to
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/ to get a buildroot override
for givaro, so I can kick off the linbox build.  I got this message:

Error: You do not have commit privileges to givaro

So I go to pkgdb, and sure enough, it shows my requests for commit
access as "Awaiting Review".  What's going on here?  If I don't have
commit privileges (which D Haley assured me were approved), then how
did I update givaro for F-15 and Rawhide, and build the new version in
both places?  If I do, then why can't I get a buildroot override?
--
Jerry James
http://www.jamezone.org/