ushare FTBFS on EL-6

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 13:53:33 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 02:49:50PM +0200, Matěj Cepl wrote:
> I would like to have ushare running on my EL-6 home server and there
> is no build for EPEL-6. So I have build libupnp (no problems there,
> I've pushed it to -testing), and when trying to build ushare I've
> got the problem as seen in the log on
> http://mcepl.fedorapeople.org/tmp/ushare-rpmbuild-log.txt.
>
> Does anybody have any idea, what's wrong with my attempt?

Most obviously, the code needs to #include <stdio.h> and
#include <string.h> in a lot more files.

The actual bug is on this line:

  struct UpnpVirtualDirCallbacks virtual_dir_callbacks;

This struct appears to exist and the header is included correctly.  Is
the version of upnp that you are using older than 1.6.6?  Does it have
this struct defined in the header file <upnp/upnp.h>?

BTW looking at the upstream Mercurial repo, the code has changed quite
a bit since 1.1a (from 2007).  The header problems above are seemingly
fixed.  Perhaps try the latest version from Mercurial?

Rich.