Samsung ml printers

Raphael Groner raphgro at web.de
Thu Jul 7 20:28:21 UTC 2011

> thank you for your advice, but if I install the
> openprinting-splix-2.0.0-2lsb3.2.x86_64.rpm (I guess, you meant this),
> my printer ML-1660 (USB attached) is not found in the database, so it
> is not operable, although I had loaded the kernel module usblp.ko.

Oh, the 1660 is not listed at openprinting. Maybe write to openprinting
why not, too new model?

I guess Fedora can not do anything about your issue, unfortunately.

Btw. Have you tried to copy the PPD file over from the original Samsung
driver package? CUPS should work with it, sometimes you'll need also a
special additional filter/converter file or so.

- To avoid further spam to this list, please notice the following -
About devel
This list is only for discussion of development issues in the Fedora
Project.
THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT LIST. THIS LIST IS FOR DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION
ONLY.
Users seeking support should see the Fedora Wiki for various methods of
getting (and giving) help.