biosdevname in fedora 15 - why is this inconsistency?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Jul 8 16:12:31 UTC 2011

On 08/07/11 17:02, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:

> I ran the script, output:
>
> Checking hardware requirements                             [  OK  ]
> Checking for SMBIOS type 41 support                        [FAILED]
> Checking for SMBIOS type 9 support                         [  OK  ]
> Checking for PCI Interrupt Routing support                 [  OK  ]
>
> The instructions say:
>
> "If the output of the script is [ OK ] and any of the following checks
> is [ OK ], your hardware is supported by biosdevname".
>
> So, what's wrong?

Did you upgrade this machine from an earlier version of Fedora? If so
then I suspect the old names will stick because you will have udev
persistent naming rules for them.

Check /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and I bet you have rules
that are forcing the ethX names.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)