systemd: Is it wrong?

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 16:44:32 UTC 2011

Genes MailLists <lists <at> sapience.com> writes:

Yes, it is a little bit harsh.

I was not precise by mentioning systemd only with regard to entry validation.
I should have said systemd (by its own code or that from any utilities) or
the called app itself.

Having said that, there is probably a need to pre-edit/pre-validate input and
systemd execution environment with regard to what could be passed for execution
as a called app.
This stuff is run with root rights, so just passing to it WMD indiscriminately,
without any preconditions, would be dangerous.

JB