systemd: Is it wrong?

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 09:03:34 UTC 2011

On 07/11/2011 02:40 AM, Steve Dickson wrote:
> I truly truly truly hope so... but at the end of the day... I
> simply can't allow a new, untested (in a business environment)
> package destabilize a technology that is used by a large number
> of our community...

The longer it takes to get a native systemd unit files out there the
more "untested" they will become.

The faster they will be out there the more experience/exposer they will
receive.

No rocket science behind that logic some would even go so far as calling
that common knowledge so if you are truly worried about that, convert
those legacy sysv init file and put the native systemd unit file out
there, the sooner the better..

I think it's time that we hear from you explaining to us how systemd has
brought doom and chaos to the nfs world, how it has destabilize nfs and
left the *major subsystem* not working and it's citizens running for
their lives, committing mass suicide on the side walks and the cities
being overrun by zombies and the nfs world going down in flames...

What do you say?

How about explaining that to us so we can catch and fix bugs ( if any )
in timely manner on either side ;)

JBG