systemd: Is it wrong?

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 11 14:25:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 01:21 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Our documentation is really good and relatively comprehensive (as
> many people will happily acknowledge I am sure).

I'm acknowledging that.

However that's also perhaps its weak point: the systemd documentation is
too comprehensive (is that even possible? :)

I had no idea where to find what I was looking for at first, so I had to
read it entirely. It took me an afternoon (good thing my work involves
understanding systemd), but now that I did, I have enough understanding
of how it vaguely works to know that if I'm searching for "foo", it will
be in page "bar".

If you could just add a simple search engine on those man pages, I'm
sure lots of people would be really happy. :)

--
Mathieu