systemd: Is it wrong?

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Mon Jul 11 16:18:07 UTC 2011

On Mon, 11.07.11 12:15, Steve Dickson (SteveD at redhat.com) wrote:

> On 07/11/2011 10:44 AM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > On Mon, 11.07.11 16:32, Miloslav Trmač (mitr at volny.cz) wrote:
> > Steve otoh wants one service to consist of multiple daemons, each of
> > which can consist of multiple processes. I find that unnecessarily
> > complex and this is not implemented in system, and have pointed out a
> > number of times why.
>
> Too complexed for your code, not system admins. That's exactly what
> they want.

You have as little idea of what "exactly" sys admins want as I
do.

Or maybe I have a tiny bit of more of an idea, because I actually get
all the feedback, and I go to all the conferences, and I know what's
going on and I don't live under a rock.

> One command that starts multiple process/daemons of a particular service.
> It as simple as that.

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this. A lost chance for NFS,

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.