glibc 2.14-4 eats my data (Re: F15 ext3, eCryptfs + samba = data corruption (Re: F15 "Error mounting eCryptfs: [-5] Input/output error" on different disks))

Michal Hlavinka mhlavink at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 16:28:28 UTC 2011

On 07/11/2011 06:05 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> W dniu 11 lipca 2011 17:57 użytkownik Michal Hlavinka
> <mhlavink at redhat.com>  napisał:
>> On 07/11/2011 05:40 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Your mtab handling patch fixed both issues - mount warning and data
>>> corruption :) Huge thanks!
>>
>> I can't imagine *how* it could affect this, so I'd advice to monitor it
>> carefully if it is fixed for real.
>
> Ok, so I will do. Before each time I mounted ecryptfs I get this
> "Error mounting eCryptfs: [-5] Input/output error" error. Now it's
> gone - I tried a few times.

yes, this is related to mtab patch, but it mounted it anyway. I was able
to reproduce this warning. It should not affect smb+ecryptfs data
corruption in any way. Btw, did you test if this version works in
valgrind or not? (the "Source and destination overlap in memcpy" warning).

btw, we should move this conversation off list if it's related only to
ecryptfs.

Michal