cmake so versioning issue

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 18:30:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm in the process of packaging OpenNL[1]. It uses the cmake build
system. The tar on its own, only provides a libnl.so file. It does not
provide a versioned soname. Since libnl is already available, I also
need to change the naming to libopennl. I've created this patch[2]
currently. While it succeeds in changing the name of the so from libnl
to libopennl, it does not create a versioned so. I've looked around and
tried various commands that google gave me, but haven't been able to fix
it yet. Could someone please help?

[1]
http://alice.loria.fr/index.php/software/4-library/23-opennl.html

[2] http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/misc/opennl-fix-libname.patch