glibc 2.14-4 eats my data (Re: F15 ext3, eCryptfs + samba = data corruption (Re: F15 "Error mounting eCryptfs: [-5] Input/output error" on different disks))

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:45:51 UTC 2011

W dniu 12 lipca 2011 18:23 użytkownik Michal Hlavinka
<mhlavink at redhat.com> napisał:

>>> yes, this is related to mtab patch, but it mounted it anyway. I was able
>>> reproduce this warning. It should not affect smb+ecryptfs data corruption
>>> in
>>> any way.
>>
>> I uploaded another large file (>  1 GB) and unfortunately data
>> corruption problem still exist - I do not know why it worked
>> previously.
>>

> this was expected. ecryptfs-utils is really just a mount helper, but thanks
> memcpy bug in ecryptfs-utils was fixed, glibc/samba can get its attention
> without distractions
>
> You can test that samba build I've sent you.

I tested it, but it still corrupts data. On Thursday I'll do more
tests. Data corruption does not happen always, so now I'm not too sure
whether this has to do with eCryptfs itself. May simply not happened
when I tested samba on not encrypted filesystem.

--
Best regards,
Michal

http://eventhorizon.pl/