[ACTION REQUIRED] Retiring packages in F-16

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 20:47:36 UTC 2011

On 07/12/2011 11:30 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:

>>> This looks like a rather bogus dep, IMO - gdk-pixbuf is for GTK1 apps,
>>> and freetennis is gtk2.
>>
>> Thanks. For the time being I'll still take it. I'll also ask for access
>> to freetennis so I can do a freetennis build that doesn't require it.
>> If I can fix the FTBFS I am willing to hang on to it for a while, though
>> people interested in protecting the other dependencies are strongly
>> encouraged to sign on as comaintainers.
>
> I should be more clear - the fact that it's showing up as a dep at all
> in the report appears to be a script error, although one I haven't tracked
> down yet.

Freetennis apparently buildrequires gdk-pixbuf-devel and that's showing
up in the report; I think the script is doing the right thing here.

In any case, I'm pretty confident that freetennis doesn't actually make
any use of old gdk-pixbuf, but uses gdk-pixbuf2 instead:
$ repoquery -q --requires freetennis | grep pixbuf
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0()(64bit)

--
Kalev