[ACTION REQUIRED v2] Retiring packages in F-16

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 10:06:37 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 05:10:01PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Each release, before branching, we block currently orphaned packages.
> It's that time again for Fedora 16.
>
> New this go-round is that we are also blocking packages that have
> failed to build since before Fedora 14.
>
> The following packages are currently orphaned, or fail to build. If
> you have a need for one of these packages, please pick them up.
>
> This list has been fixed to properly show all orphaned packages. It's
> a lot longer.
[...]
> Orphan libcmpiutil
> 	comaintained by: veillard
[...]
> Orphan libvirt-cim
> 	comaintained by: veillard

  I sent a mail to this very list one week ago:

  Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 09:07:57 +0800
  From: Daniel Veillard <veillard at redhat.com>
  To: devel at lists.fedoraproject.org
  Subject: Taking ownership of libcmpiutil and libvirt-cim

to avoid them being retired, never got an answer.
At the time visiting
  https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/libcmpiutil
didn't show any option to take ownership, was that a temporary
failure, I'm sure I checked and was logged in, weird ...

  Anyway I now took ownership of both.
BTW could someone could take care of rel-eng request #4805
 http://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng
I'm unable to build a recent libvirt-cim for F15 due to the
libcmpi update dependancy,

  thanks in advance !

Daniel