BTRFS: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Manuel Escudero Jmlevick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 03:07:47 UTC 2011

2011/7/13 Eric Sandeen <sandeen at redhat.com>

> >> if you said that this's the current state of btrfs than it's not ready
> >> as a default fs for f16. so please postpone it at least to f17
> >
> > +1
> >
> > bleeeding edge / modern technology is not the same as dangerous defaults
> > unstable / unfinsihed packages should never be default in GA nor replace
> > existing and over a long time well working things - never!
>
> You might have said the same thing about ext4 in F<whatever it was>
> and yet, here we are, shipping it as default for many releases now, with
> little trouble.
>
> Not every big change to Fedora breaks badly, although I can see how some
> might get that impression.   ;)
>
> -Eric
> --

Josef Couldn't say it better:

Let's not be dramatic... I'm pretty sure Fedora Developers are not going to
make the Switch to BTRFS in F16 if it's not ready, that's why I sen't my
feedback
and little investigation, in order to help them track down the issues before
anything
gets released, that's why we work as community and I'm pretty sure that
everything is
gonna be Okey.

P.S. Now I'm in ext4, almost finished reinstalling my system ;)

--
Manuel Escudero
Linux User #509052