BTRFS: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:10:21 UTC 2011

Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:50 AM, JB <jb.1234abcd <at> gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have difficulty swallowing the fact that there are so many Red Hat, Oracle,
> > and other famous technology names involved (officially or dev's private
> > contributions) in development of BTRFS, and at the same time they practice
> > such loosely approach to software development methodology.
>
> Rather than vague accusations, can you provide some concrete problem?
>
> You're badmouthing the work of some rather experienced and respected
> people, yet you have provided no specifics whatsoever.

Well, then you have to read the thread more carefully before you bark back -
right in the first OP's post you have references, e.g.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2010/6/18/144

Here is one more:

http://www.ilsistemista.net/index.php/linux-a-unix/6-linux-filesystems-benchmarked-ext3-vs-ext4-vs-xfs-vs-btrfs.html

They all confirm the same picture !