New feature for Fedora 16: new mkdumprd

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Thu Jul 14 13:29:25 UTC 2011

On 07/14/2011 03:35 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 11:08 PM, Américo Wang<xiyou.wangcong at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>>   deadline, of course.
>>>
>> Am I too late? I made the page before the deadline, just sent
>> it out a little late. :-/
> The deadline is for FESCo to review it by, so yes you're a little late.
>
> However, you can still do the work and get it into F16.  The only
> thing you won't get is some possible marketing as a feature.  You can
> still get it mentioned in the release notes though.
>
> josh
A few things here:

Yes, the feature proposal deadline is for *FESCo* to have reviewed and
accepted features, as laid out here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Milestones#Submitting_New_Features

However, as Feature Wrangler, I'd argue that the milestone name is
slightly misleading -- and this used to be far more easily dealt with
when FESCo meetings occurred on Tuesdays, which is the same date as the
feature submission deadline.

It doesn't help that Feature Wrangler (me) is still fairly new at this
in some ways... and thus I myself didn't realize that the "submission"
deadline is actually an "acceptance" deadline.  Which means there are
currently 14 features waiting for FESCo review that came in between
about an hour *before* the FESCo meeting, and the end of the day on
7/12, that I should have pushed back on, but didn't.

I'll follow up to the devel-list on a separate mail that will hopefully
catch a few more eyeballs, but essentially I'm going to propose to FESCo
that this feature, along with all of the other features submitted at the
last moment, be able to be considered.

-Robyn