Being a good neighbour - Fedora 14 and Atheros AR5223 ?

valent.turkovic at gmail.com valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 17:20:40 UTC 2011

How to get AR5523 based wireless card working in Fedora 14?
Do I need to compile new drivers from source? Is firmware missing?
Is the best way to use windows drivers via ndiswrapper and just ignore
linux based drivers for now?

I found this page: http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/ar5523

But it is not clear if this driver is actually worth trying out and
how stable is it, if it even works. My guess it is not stable or just
doesn't work and that is why it is not in upstream kernel.

Any suggestion is welcome. I really would like to help  my neighbours
move to Fedora, and that will happen only if their AR5223 wireless usb
works under Fedora 14.

Cheers,
Valent.

--
follow me - www.twitter.com/valentt & http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
linux, anime, spirituality, wireless, scuba, linuxmce smart home, zwave
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic, MSN: valent.turkovic at hotmail.com