Making . not match special extensions

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 18 13:07:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:05 AM, Benny Amorsen <benny+usenet at amorsen.dk> wrote:
> Do any of you use _. to match e.g. the h extension?
>
> Right now _[a-z] does not match the special h extension but does match
> someone explicitly dialling "h". Would it make sense to extend this
> behaviour to the . and ! patterns, so they never match h?

I can only guess that you meant for this to go to one of the Asterisk
mailing lists instead of the Fedora development mailing list.

Since I still remember a bit about Asterisk from my former career, I'd
say it's definitely something worth discussing on the Asterisk mailing
lists though.

--
Jared Smith
Fedora Project Leader