on /etc/sysconfig

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:30:20 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Simo Sorce <simo at redhat.com> wrote:
> Some daemons cannot be "fixed", get over with this mantra that daemons
> need be fixed Lennart.

If I were a betting man.... I'd wager that all the daemons we ship are
easier to "fix" than the US deficit (in both the technical sense and
in the sense of political will to make the necessary changes.)

The necessary political will to obsolete /etc/sysconfig may not exist
at this very moment but I think that the reasoning is sound enough
that anticipating, identifying and mitigating potential problems the
removal would cause seems a reasonable use of someones time to
minimize the disruption such a removal will cause in the year or two
leading up to it actually happening.

-jef