boost 1.47.0

Petr Machata pmachata at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 10:43:03 UTC 2011

Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM, Petr Machata <[1]pmachata at redhat.com>
> wrote:
>
>   in accordance with the announced Fedora feature[1][2], we (the Boost
>   maintainers) plan to rebase Boost to 1.47.0 really soon now. Boost
>   1.47.0 has been released recently and Denis Arnaud kindly did the
>   packaging, so it is ready for scratch builds, smoke testing, and related
>   fun.
>
>   Don't hesitate to ping me on irc (_petr) with any concerns that you
>   have.
>
> The only concern I have is with jumping to a release later than 1.47 in
> F-16 post alpha which is in fact the time when features should be
> complete. So in fact it should have already landed. Post alpha the release
> will branch from rawhide at which point please feel free to push > 1.48 to
> F-17 rawhide with appropriate heads up to people.

We definitely won't bump again in F16 cycle.  What is likely to happen
is series of isolated patches that we backport from future releases, as
requested in bug reports or otherwise.  We might consider pushing 1.47.1
if it turns up, but that largely depends on whether it would be humanly
possible to review the patch-set for ABI breakages.

PM