How to read /proc/locks in safe mode?

Dario Lesca d.lesca at solinos.it
Tue Jul 19 12:05:00 UTC 2011

Il giorno ven, 15/07/2011 alle 19.33 +0200, Thomas Moschny ha scritto:
> Interesting, because afaiu, in recent kernels reading /proc/locks
> line-wise should not yield broken records, as the code in fs/locks.c
> uses the seq_file abstraction. See
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5713451/is-it-safe-to-parse-a-proc-file/5880485#5880485.
> What is the kernel version you are seeing that on?

Thanks Thomas for reply, but ...

... Opss! I have verify and this server is the only server with a Centos
5.5 with kernel 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5. (sorry for the OT)

On another 2 systems with fedora 14 (I thought it was one of these
servers with the error) the problem does not occur, but on these server
there are fewer users connected
Currently I do not have the ability to update the C5.5 server, but I
will as soon as possible
So my read /proc/locks problem it might be a kernel's problem?

Thanks for reply

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca at solinos.it>