General systemd questions in respect to Fedora project.

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 20 08:13:22 UTC 2011

Well, quoting your initial message, you said:

> I found the following in internet:
>
> The good news for embeded folks: all of this will be implemented in a
> tiny new dbus service "systemd-logind", which can easily be removed
> for minimal setups, when tracking unprivileged user logins is
> unnecessary.
>
> Can someone please, tell me:
> 1. how can I easily remove it? Because it by default always enabled.
> 2. where is documentation about systemd-logind? How does it work and
> what does it do?

Nowhere in there you said that you wanted to know how to disable it in
Fedora.

And since the quote from Lennart you took ("The good news for embeded
folks...") is from an upstream context and not a Fedora one, I guess
people assumed you wanted to know how to build systemd without those
components.

At least that's what I understood from your message.

> Please, I would like to read any answers here in fedoraproject mailing list, because I talk about
> Fedora.

Those services are DBus activated if I recall correctly.

That means that something else is requesting them on DBus, and so they
get automatically started.

If something is requesting them, then something needs them.

--
Mathieu