General systemd questions in respect to Fedora project.

Lucas macachuto at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 08:58:38 UTC 2011

On 07/20/2011 12:03 PM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> hey Lucas,
>
> Can you point me to the on system manpage and docs for
> console-kit-daemon which is running be default on my F15 install? I
> can't seem to find the documentation.
>

>> From my reading about available systemd roadmapping for systemd-logind
> in the context of upstream systemd development.... systemd-logind is
> meant to replace the functionality of provided by the consolekit
> deamon.  So with that in mind perhaps its best if you take a step back
> and dig up the information for console-kit-daemon as its being used in
> active Fedora releases to get a baseline understanding of what
> systemd-logind is meant to achieve.
>
> Or you could read:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_ev4f0gwBuvs6SH_N8fN5LO4LV3sbwtJsLq52F_wwpU/edit?hl=en&authkey=CObM_7UI&pli=1
> and the thread started here:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/consolekit/2011-May/000136.html
> and the thread started here:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2011-May/002166.html
>
> I think its great your finally taking a good look at what is running
> by default in Rawhide. But it would also be a good idea if you took
> into account some historical perspective and set your expectations
> accordingly with regard to documentation,
>
> -jef

All those links are general words, nothing about "systemd-logind" which is daemon.

But I would like to know what does "systemd-logind" do and how.

..."There's a tool "systemd-loginctl" which you can
   use to introspect the state of it, and manipulate users, sessions and
   seats."...

Where is an explanation of this also ?

Thanks.