systemd vice SysV/LSB init systems - what next ?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jul 20 11:29:57 UTC 2011

Le Mer 20 juillet 2011 11:57, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" a écrit :

> If it's not sufficient for administrators to copy a unit file from
> /lib/systemd/system to a new name undir /etc/systemd/system and do the
> necessary changes to run another instance of it and reload the systemd
> daemon then we have templates which allows creation of multiple units
> from a single configuration file.

I don't think someone would have written all the 'find a free port, create a
new workdir, etc' logic in the tomcat script if just 'copy and change settings
in the init file' was scaling for his use. After all, 'copy and change things'
could have been done with the sysv script too, without writing complex shell
helpers.

--
Nicolas Mailhot